Thank you for being here and for being a source of wisdom and inspiration for the next generation! We can’t thank you enough for sharing in our vision to spread real-life wisdom to teens throughout our communities worldwide.
Please review our writing guidelines below. Thank you.
The Teen Mentor Writing Guidelines
- By becoming a Monthly Mentor for The Teen Mentor, LLC, you will be offering your articles on a complimentary basis in order to help today’s teens worldwide in their personal growth and development journey. There is no fee to have your articles published and promoted and there will be no financial compensation.
- As a Monthly Mentor, you will be provided with your own biography page which you can place any professional information and links you would like. For example, links to your professional website, social media links, books you have written, or current programs you are running. As a Monthly Mentor, you can request changes to this page at any time.
- Articles submitted by you can also be shared on your own site or with other sites at your own discretion so long as it does not interfere with another publishers requirements. All rights to your article will remain your own and can be requested to be removed from The Teen Mentor, LLC site at any time. All article titles will also include your name giving you full recognition and exposure at all times.
- The Teen Mentor, LLC, promotes articles to teenagers aged 13-19 and all content submitted should be age appropriate with no foul or offensive language, as determined by The Teen Mentor, LLC and using their sole discretion. Please consider this if you are altering older material geared toward adults.
- It is suggested that articles be submitted by the 1st of each month. Articles submitted before or on the 1st of each month will be guaranteed a publication date that particular month. Articles can be submitted at anytime throughout the month, however, they are not guaranteed same month publishing and are more likely to be published the following month. Multiple articles can be submitted at once in order to plan ahead. Please do not stress over deadlines, however. We would prefer that you write a piece from a calm state of mind, rather than a hurried one.
- If you miss three (3) consecutive months, without notifying The Teen Mentor, LLC, you are signifying that you no longer wish to be a monthly contributor and your profile will be removed from the Your Monthly Mentors page. All articles will remain unless you request to have them removed. No changes or additions may be made to your biography page after that time. If you need to miss one or a few months for any reason, but would still like to remain a Monthly Mentor, please simply notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a quick note through our Contact Page.
- All articles submitted should provide a lesson or valuable life tips and should not be used solely as a vehicle to sell products or services or to engage with teens. It is acceptable, however, to refer teens to your biography page at the end of the article for those who would like to learn more or check out your services or books.
- Article topics are ultimately up to you and based on your expertise and life experiences. If you are discussing past painful experiences, however, please use positive terminology, focusing on the lessons learned, without venting, name calling, or attacking someone. If you find yourself wondering what to write about, here is a list of The Teen Mentor Topics of Interest.
- Article contents should be timeless, meaning that the wisdom will be useful in the future since all articles will be stored and searchable in our Portal of Wisdom for future teens to sift through. Feel free, however, to ask teens to visit your biography page for current programs and services at the end of each article.
- We aim to make it easy for our authors and offer flexibility in terms of article format and structure. What is important to us is the message we are sending and the wisdom we are passing down. As a general guideline, article word count should be anywhere between 500-1500 words. We are not rigid with these guidelines. If you have something important to say, or a list perhaps, in less than 500 or more than 1500 words, please pass on this wisdom.
- We do not accept video files and only accept video links. For example, links to your YouTube or Vimeo channel. This benefits you as it will bring readers directly to your site and to your work. On the average, videos should be between 2-5 minutes in length.
- Because our teens are so diverse and scattered throughout the world, we do not publish any content that incorporates or promotes any particular religious beliefs. For example, quoting religious scriptures or literature.
- The Teen Mentor, LLC reserves the right to reject, edit, change, add or even remove certain sentences or inappropriate sections within an article at any time, as well as change the title, without prior notice to you, in the effort to better serve, promote articles, and reach more teens.
- The term of your participation as a Monthly Mentor may be terminated by either party at any time, for any reason, or no reason. You are not bound by any means whatsoever.
- All articles should be submitted through The Teen Mentor Article Submissions Page located at https://theteenmentor.com/article-submissions/. If you do not have access to the website or are encountering any problems, please submit articles to email@example.com. Once we receive your article, we will respond to you within one week with a publication date. On the morning of your publication, all articles scheduled for that day will be posted on our website by 5am EST and will be shown in order of publication. All articles will then be shared on our social media platforms by 8am EST. (Please keep in mind, if you are watching your articles on social media, that they occasionally take up to 24 hours to be approved and promoted to our global followers.) You will be able to share your articles by using the share buttons located at the bottom of your article or by sharing one of our social media posts.
Thank you so much for wanting to share your time and wisdom with today’s teens! By submitting your articles to The Teen Mentor, LLC, you are agreeing to the above guidelines.