Thank you for being here and for your desire to share your knowledge, expertise and experiences with today’s teens.
All articles submitted to The Teen Mentor are published on our site and shared with our followers on social media by boosting our posts on Facebook and Instagram. Each article currently makes approximately 8,000-10,000 impressions.
We are also currently working on reaching out to businesses and organizations who are interested in sponsoring article news feed circulation throughout their states and countries. Please note that these article news feed circulation numbers will not be reflected or seen on our social media platforms as they are separate campaigns being distributed in the background.
The Teen Mentor™ Writing Guidelines:
- By becoming a Monthly Mentor for The Teen Mentor, LLC, you will be offering your articles on a complimentary basis in order to help today’s teens worldwide in their personal growth and development journey. There is no fee to have your articles published and promoted and there will be no financial compensation.
- As a Monthly Mentor/Supporter, you will be provided with your own biography page where you can place any professional information and links you would like. For example, links to your professional website, social media, book sales page, You Tube Channel, or any current programs you may be running.
- As an active Monthly Mentor/Supporter, you can request changes to your biography page at any time.
- Articles submitted by you can also be shared on your own site or with other sites at your own discretion so long as it does not interfere with another publishers requirements. All rights to your content will remain your own. You can have your content removed from The Teen Mentor, LLC website and Portal of Wisdom at any time by simply contacting us and making the request.
- All article titles will include your full name, giving you full recognition and exposure during each social media “impression”.
- The Teen Mentor, LLC, promotes articles to teenagers aged 13-19 throughout the world. All content submitted should be age appropriate with no foul or offensive language, as determined by The Teen Mentor, LLC and using their sole discretion.
- It is suggested that articles be submitted by the 1st of each month. Articles submitted before or on the 1st of each month will be guaranteed a publication date that particular month. Articles can be submitted at anytime throughout the month, however, they are unable to be guaranteed same month publishing and are more likely to be published the following month. Multiple articles can be submitted at once in order to plan ahead.
- All articles submitted should provide a lesson or valuable life tips and our platform should not be used solely as a vehicle to sell products or services or to engage with the teens.
- Monthly article topics are ultimately up to you and based on your expertise and life experiences. Please use positive terminology, focusing on the facts and lessons learned if discussing difficult times. We will remove negative venting or name calling in order to provide a positive learning environment.
- If you find yourself searching for a topic to write about, here is a list of The Teen Mentor Topics of Interest.
- Article contents should be timeless and borderless, meaning that the wisdom you share could be useful in the future and directed to teens around the globe. We like to share real life wisdom as it pertains to all humans.
- We aim to make it easy for our authors and offer flexibility in terms of article format and structure. What is important to us is the message we are sending and the wisdom we are passing down. As a general guideline, article word count should be anywhere between 500-1500 words. We are not rigid with these guidelines. If you have something important to say, or a list perhaps, in less than 500 or more than 1500 words, please pass this wisdom on.
- Please proofread your work prior to submitting. We will always aim to correct any errors we see, but we do not currently have the resources in order to comb through each article correcting grammar, punctuation or spelling. We truly appreciate it.
- At this point in time, we only publish articles and video or podcast links. For videos, we only accept links to your You Tube, Vimeo or other video hosting sites. This will also benefit you as it will bring readers directly to you and your work. On the average, videos should be between 2-10 minutes in length.
- Because our teens are so religiously diverse and scattered throughout the world, we do not publish any religious content. For example, quoting religious scriptures or literature.
- The Teen Mentor, LLC reserves the right to reject, edit, change, add or even remove certain sentences or sections within an article at any time, as well as change the title, without prior notice to you, in the effort to better serve, promote articles, and reach more teens.
- The term of your participation as a Monthly Mentor may be terminated by either party at any time, for any reason, or no reason. You are not bound by any means whatsoever. If you miss 3 consecutive months of contributions, however, without any notice to The Teen Mentor, you are signifying that you no longer wish to be a Monthly Mentor and your profile may be removed from the Monthly Mentor Page. All articles will remain unless you request to have them removed as discussed in number 4 above. We want you to contribute because you love and want to share your wisdom to enhance the future, not because you feel bound or obligated to do so in any way.
- All content should be submitted through The Teen Mentor Article Submissions Page located at https://theteenmentor.com/article-submissions/. If you do not have access to the website or would like to submit many articles in advance, please send to email@example.com. Once we receive your article(s), we will respond to you within one week with a publication date. On the morning of your publication, all articles scheduled for that day will be posted on our website by 5am EST and will be shown in order of publication. All articles will then be shared on all of our social media platforms by 9am EST. All sponsored articles will be distributed to teen social media news feeds by 11am EST. (Currently, we only promote and financially sponsor articles throughout Facebook and Instagram news feeds.) Please keep in mind, if you are watching your articles on social media, they occasionally take up to 24 hours to be approved and promoted to our global followers. You will be able to share your articles using the share buttons located at the bottom of your article or by sharing one of our social media posts. Thank you so much for being here and for sharing your time and wisdom with today’s teens. You are truly appreciated. By submitting your content to The Teen Mentor, LLC, you are agreeing to the above guidelines.