Thank you for being here and for your desire to share your wisdom, expertise and experiences with today’s teens.
The Teen Mentor™ Writing Guidelines:
- By becoming a One-Time Contributor or Monthly Mentor for The Teen Mentor, LLC, you will be offering your article/articles on a complimentary basis in order to help today’s teens worldwide in their personal growth and development journey. There is no fee to have your articles published and promoted and there will be no financial compensation.
- If you choose to become a Monthly Contributor, you will be provided with your own biography page where you can place any professional information and links you would like such as links to your professional website, social media platforms, book sales page, You Tube Channel, or any current programs you may be running.
- As an active Monthly Contributor, you can request changes to your biography page at any time.
- Articles submitted by you can also be published on your own site or with other sites at your own discretion as long as it does not interfere with another publishers requirements. All rights to your content will remain your own. You can have your content removed from The Teen Mentor, LLC website and Portal of Wisdom at any time by simply contacting us and making the request.
- All article titles will include your full name, giving you or your organization full recognition and exposure during each social media “impression”.
- The Teen Mentor, LLC, promotes articles to teenagers aged 13-19 throughout the world. All content submitted should be age appropriate with no foul or offensive language, as determined by The Teen Mentor, LLC and using their sole discretion. Powered by Google Translate, our articles can be viewed in any global language.
- As a Monthly Contributor, it is suggested that articles be submitted by the 1st of each month. Articles submitted before or on the 1st of each month will be guaranteed a publication date that particular month. Articles can be submitted at anytime throughout the month, however, they may be unable to be guaranteed same month publishing and will be scheduled on the next available date. Multiple articles can be submitted at once in order to plan ahead.
- All articles submitted should provide a lesson or valuable life tips and our platform should not be used solely as a vehicle to sell products or services or to engage with the teens.
- As a Monthly Contributor, monthly article topics are ultimately up to you and based on your expertise and life experiences. Please use positive terminology, focusing on the facts and lessons learned if discussing difficult experiences. We remove negative venting or language structure in order to provide a positive learning environment.
- If you find yourself searching for a topic, please view The Teen Mentor Topics of Interest.
- Article content should be timeless and borderless, meaning that the wisdom you share could be useful in the future and directed to teens around the globe. We like to share real life wisdom as it pertains to all humans.
- We aim to make it easy for our authors and offer flexibility in terms of article format and structure. What is important to us is the message we are sending and the wisdom we are passing down. As a general guideline, article Word Count should be anywhere between 300-3000 words. We are not rigid with these guidelines. If you have something important to say, or a list perhaps, in less than 300 or more than 3000 words, please pass this wisdom on for us to review.
- Please proofread your work prior to submitting.
- At this point in time, we only publish articles and video or podcast links. For videos, we only accept links to your You Tube, Vimeo or other video hosting sites. This will also benefit you as it will bring readers directly to you and your work. On the average, videos should be between 3-30 minutes in length.
- Because our teens are so religiously diverse and scattered throughout the world, we do not publish any religious content or advice directing a teen toward any specific denomination. For example, using bible verses or quoting any other religious scriptures or literature as the basis for your article.
- The Teen Mentor, LLC reserves the right to reject, edit, change, add or even remove certain sentences or sections within an article at any time, as well as change the title, without prior notice to you, in the effort to better serve, relate to teens, promote articles, and reach more teens.
- The term of your participation as a Monthly Contributor may be terminated by either party at any time, for any reason, or no reason. You are not bound by any means whatsoever. If you miss 3 consecutive months of contributions, however, without any notice to The Teen Mentor, you are signifying that you no longer wish to be an active monthly mentor and your profile may be removed from the Active Contributor Page as we grow and evolve. All articles will remain unless you request to have them removed as discussed in number 4 above.
- All content should be submitted through The Teen Mentor Article Submissions Page located at https://theteenmentor.com/article-submissions/. If you do not have access to the website, would like to submit many articles in advance, or simply prefer to use email, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your article(s), we will respond to you within 10 days with a publication date.
On the morning of your publication, all articles scheduled for that day will be posted on our website by 6am EST and will be shown in order of publication. All articles will then be shared on all of our social media platforms by 11am EST.
All promoted articles will be distributed to teen social media news feeds globally by 11am EST and run for 48 hours. (Currently, we only promote and financially sponsor articles throughout Facebook and Instagram news feeds, however all articles will be shared on our other social media platforms as well.)
Please keep in mind, if you are watching your articles on social media, they occasionally take up to 24 hours to be approved and promoted to our global followers according to Facebook’s guidelines.
You will be able to share your articles using the share buttons located at the bottom of your article or by sharing one of our social media posts.
Thank you so much for being here and for sharing your time and wisdom with today’s teens. You are truly appreciated.
By submitting your content to The Teen Mentor, LLC, you are agreeing to the above guidelines.