TAKE THE RISK, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, AND CREATE THE DREAM.
Sometimes success will come to you from the strangest places. It may seem like your passions won’t pay off, but if you push through and continue to grow you’ll find a way to have it work.
It won’t be easy, and there will be plenty of times you’ll want to give up. It may even seem like the smart thing to do. But if you want to feel fulfilled and happy, it can’t be about the money.
It has to be about the love of what you do, and trust that the money will come later.
The perfect example of this comes from today’s guest, Tony Hawk.
I used to love watching Tony Hawk on the X Games. He was an instant legend, and an icon in something that no one saw as a sport when he started out. In fact, learning a new trick was frowned upon when he was starting out.
Today, today is one of the most respected athletes there is. He’s a household name and continues to push the boundaries.
“My only key to true success is having the confidence.” -Tony Hawk
He does this not just in his sport, but also in his business. His video games have become one of the biggest franchises in history. Spoiler: There’s even more coming in October.
I felt so fortunate for Tony to come in and sit down for the podcast. He’s an incredibly smart and dedicated person.
Tony sat down with me to discuss how he has been able to be successful in his marriage as well as his business life. He also discusses if it’s more fulfilling to be relevant or innovative.
He shares where his mind goes when the pressure is on for him to perform a huge trick and how he was able to stay committed to his passion even when there was no money in it.
This is a really powerful one, guys. You won’t want to miss it.
Learn all about what it takes to break limitations and create a legacy, on Episode 674.
- Who was the most influential person in your life? (5:46)
- How old were you when you were bumped up in competition? (8:20)
- How do you stay committed to something when there’s no money in it? (10:11)
- What advice would you give to people who have a passion but can’t pursue it on a professional level? (13:36)
- How did you manage the emotions of success? (17:18)
- Did you ever feel like you weren’t comfortable in your own skin? (20:29)
- Do you feel like there was a time when you didn’t communicate well? (23:10)
- Do you feel like you still need to chase relevancy? (27:38)
- Where does your mind go when there’s pressure? (30:44)
- Did your video games take skateboarding to a new level? (29:42)
- You have a new game as well? (43:32)
- Do you goof around a lot? (45:09)
- What’s the thing you’re most proud of? (47:54)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why learning new tricks wasn’t cool (7:28)
- How Tony’s environment contributed to his success (9:52)
- The time when Tony thought he would give up skateboarding (12:01)
- How he handled the overnight success (14:57)
- How he manages his relationships and success (19:32)
- Why people shouldn’t show off on social media (21:17)
- The biggest challenge he’s had to overcome (24:44)
- How he’s able to raise his kids to not feel like they are riding off his name (28:46)
- What it’s like skateboarding in a loop (38:39)
- The thing Tony still needs to achieve (41:27)
- The thing he wants more people to know about him (46:53)
- Plus much more…
Visit Tony’s website here.
Visit Lewis’ website here and subscribe to his Podcast here.
About the Author: Lewis HOWES, Bi-Weekly Mentor, is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness, which has over 60 million downloads and 650 episodes since it launched in 2013. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Details Magazine called him one of “5 Internet Gurus That can Make You Rich.” Read More…
Subscribe to The Teen Mentor and receive real life wisdom straight to your inbox.