Finding your career isn’t something you decide in your head.
You have to try lots of things. Put yourself in different environments.
Pay attention to what makes you happy.
Little by little, you’ll find the right path.
When you do, you’ll be unstoppable.
On today’s episode of The School of Greatness, I talk about what makes a great entrepreneur with someone who knew she had found her calling once she became a realtor: Barbara Corcoran.
Barbara Corcoran is a Real Estate Queen, Shark Tank Shark, and Host of the “Business Unusual” Podcast. Barbara Corcoran’s credentials include straight D’s in high school and college and twenty jobs by the time she turned twenty-three. It was her next job that would make her one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country when she took a $1000 loan to start The Corcoran Group.
Barbara is famously brash and blunt, bold and courageous, and a brilliant identifier of opportunity and talent (often invisible to others).
She believes that the key to success in business is not the idea but the person. An entrepreneur’s passion and drive can make or break a business.
So get ready to learn what makes a great entrepreneur.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What’s the angriest you’ve ever been in your life? (11:00)
- When did you learn to communicate so directly? (24:00)
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from being one of ten kids? (26:30)
- When do you feel the most loved? (30:00)
- What are the smart industries to go into right now? (45:00)
- What three questions would you ask a potential buyer? (1:02:00)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What type of partnerships are the most successful (19:00)
- Why guilt is the worst thing for a relationship (23:00)
- The importance of social media in business (40:00)
- The two qualities Barbara looks for in an entrepreneur (49:00)
- What makes Donald Trump a good salesman (57:00)
- What to do with profit you make in your business (1:11:00)
- Plus much more…
Connect with Barbara Corcoran:
Also Mentioned on This Show…
Read Barbara’s Book Shark Tales
About the Author: Lewis HOWES, Bi-Weekly Mentor, is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book,The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness, which has over 60 million downloads and 650 episodes since it launched in 2013. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Details Magazine called him one of “5 Internet Gurus That can Make You Rich.” Read More…
Special thanks to The Teen Mentor Circulation Sponsors who are helping today’s teens progress toward a brighter future. Please take a moment to check out our Sponsor Links Here.
Click here to Subscribe to The Teen Mentor and receive more real-life wisdom straight to your inbox.
Click here to donate to our core mission of spreading real-life wisdom throughout teen social media news feeds.