I moved to Nashville two years ago to pursue a music career in Nashville, TN. I recently released my debut single “Little by Little” to Country Radio which has been a complete dream come true. This journey hasn’t been easy and I definitely wanted to quit at times, but I am so happy I persevered and never gave up!
After years of turning my own dreams into a reality as a singer-songwriter…
Here are 10 tips on how you can reach your own goals in life “Little by Little”:
- First things first…quiet that tiny little voice that is telling you to be afraid of failure!
- Write your goal down somewhere you will see it as a daily reminder.
- Ask yourself why you are setting this goal.
- Determine what steps you will need to take to achieve this goal and create a plan.
- Visualize this goal daily.
- Do a few things every day (even if they are small) that are going to push you in the right direction.
- I guess this one goes along with #4 but…I personally like to make lists and set small attainable goals for myself to reach along the way. Doing this helps motivate me and keeps me from constantly feeling defeated because I feel like I have accomplished something along the way!
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Don’t give up when you face roadblocks or challenges.
- Remind yourself why you set the goal and why you wanted it in the first place! 🙂
Remember that your dreams are important and even when it seems overwhelming, there are always steps you can take to get closer to your goal. Just believe in yourself and know that so many others have been in your shoes before.
Just take it “Little by Little!”
About the author: Kelsey Lamb is a singer-songwriter. With poignant lyrics, enchanting melodies and a sunny southern charm, newcomer Kelsey Lamb is undoubtedly a star-in-the-making. The young Little Rock, Arkansas-native has already made a name for herself in the Music Row community as a powerhouse vocalist. With a voice as rich as it is tender, Lamb has earned comparisons to the likes of Alison Krauss and Miranda Lambert while her songwriting abilities speak to fans of Taylor Swift and Kelsea Ballerini. In fact, the rising young star’s song-crafting prowess landed her song “Warning Sign” in the Lifetime Original Movie, “Bad Stepmother,” earlier this year, a film in which she also starred. The multi-talented Lamb has, in fact, appeared in multiple movies including Hallmark’s “Christmas in Homestead” and “Traces.” Lamb has performed at venues large and small, both as a headliner and opener, including as part of Kenny Rogers’ The Toy Shoppe Tour (2015). Lamb’s debut single “Little by Little” is now available through all digital retailers.
For more information on Kelsey Lamb visit her website, www.kelseylamb.com and follow her @kelseylambmusic on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Subscribe to The Teen Mentor to receive articles and videos straight to your inbox.