You have to love what you do.
You have to care about the little details that other people let slide.
And you have to have deep, unshakable confidence.
A lot of what separates a player from a champion is mental. We can’t ignore the importance of keeping our mind away from the negative and focused on the end goal.
On today’s episode of The School of Greatness, I’m sharing the most inspirational clips of interviews with the world’s greatest female athletes: Maria Sharapova, Katrin Tanja Davíðsdóttir, Michelle Waterson, Sasha Digiulian, Brooke Ence, The Bella twins, Emily Skye, and Danica Patrick.
But we can train ourselves to have the mindset of a champion.
It feels good to be great at what you do. Get ready to learn step into your greatness.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why are you so driven to be the best? (7:00)
- What does it mean to be respectful of your opponent? (16:30)
- How do you stay focused when you’re scared? (18:57)
- What are some tools you use when you start comparing yourself? (30:00)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The difference between “showing up” and “playing” (6:00)
- The reason you need to focus on the things you can control (12:00)
- Why not doing your best is doing a disservice to your opponent (18:00)
- How trust can heal anxiety (20:00)
- How to not let negative comments affect you (27:00)
- Plus much more…