For my whole life, everything has been a competition.
You either win, or you lose.
I wasn’t intentionally trying to hurt people, but I wanted to be a winner.
It wasn’t until I was 30 years old that I learned a better way to live: win/win.
It transformed my life. I started looking for ways that I could succeed while allowing the people around me to succeed, too.
At the end of the day, we’re all in this together.
The idea of creating win/win situations has been mastered by my guest on today’s episode: Dr. Alaa Murabit.
Dr. Alaa Murabit attended medical school at the age of 15 and was named one of Forbes 30 under 30, an Aspen Institute Spotlight Scholar, and one of Canada’s 30×30.
She is one of the UN’s 17 Global Sustainable Development Goal Advocates and a UN High-Level Commissioner on Health Employment & Economic Growth. She was recently appointed the Executive Director of Phase Minus 1, LLC which provides leadership in conflict resolution, peacebuilding, and more.
Dr. Murabit champions women’s participation in peace processes and conflict mediation.
She approaches conflict in a way that humanizes both sides: by first finding common ground.
She is helping everyone in the world understand that when women succeed, everyone succeeds.
It’s good for the economy, it’s good for the government, and it’s even good for the environment.
Learn how Dr. Murabit mediates the most difficult scenarios and helps women obtain an education, reproductive rights, and health.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What are you most proud of? (9:25)
- What does “reclaiming religion” mean? (10:17)
- Do you feel that religion creates chaos in the world? (15:30)
- What do you wish powerful men knew about powerful women? (24:12)
- Who do you have conversations with about bringing peace? (30:00)
- What’s the most challenging mediation you’ve faced? (35:25)
- What’s the skill you’d still like to learn? (49:13)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The changes Dr. Murabit believes should be made within organized religion (12:34)
- The three questions to ask people who have a different opinion than you (18:08)
- How you can leverage your privilege (28:12)
- The number one rule in peace negotiation (31:30)
- How reproductive rights affect local economies and crime rates (35:55)
- The most cost-effective solution for climate change (38:11)
- Plus much more…
About the Author: Lewis HOWES, Bi-Weekly Mentor, is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness, which has over 60 million downloads and 650 episodes since it launched in 2013. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Details Magazine called him one of “5 Internet Gurus That can Make You Rich.” Read More…