One of the things I love most about how the world is growing is how the boundary between genders has been crumbling down. It used to be that a woman’s place was only in the home. More and more that stereotype is being disproven.
Women are entering more and more areas that wouldn’t have been imaginable when I was younger. When I was a kid, when you’d think wrestlers you’d think Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage.
Now you think of people like today’s guests: Nikki and Brie Bella. These two sisters are a true inspiration to the next generation of women. They are the definition of girl power and show that anyone can achieve greatness in anything they want. If you haven’t heard of the Bella Twins, they are WWE Superstars, Reality TV stars, and fashion designers.
I felt so fortunate to sit down with them and have them tell me everything they know about greatness, which is a lot. So much, in fact, that this interview went longer than most episodes. I couldn’t stop, and I know you’ll love every moment of this one.
Nikki and Brie told me how they went from small town farm girls to superstars. They talk about the adversity they went through, struggling in a toxic home environment, and even Brie losing her high school sweetheart to a drunk driver.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you get to think bigger than the farm life? (16:06)
- When did you audition for Diva Search? (24:15)
- In four days you had a contract with WWE? (29:16)
- Why were you nervous to be on Total Divas? (36:15)
- How do you know when to say no to something? (45:48)
- What was the moment that you cried the most? (54:16)
- When did you start to go down your spiritual path? (1:00:19)
- Did you go on your spiritual journey at the same time? (1:04:26)
- What’s the biggest lesson you both learned from your mom? (1:11:34)
- Has there ever been a point where you guys disconnected? (1:23:20)
- What are you most proud of your sister for? (1:28:02)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What they dreamed about growing up (10:17)
- Their first job at Hooters (22:00)
- Why you should go to a WWE show (30:52)
- How long training was (32:30)
- Their morning routines (38:35)
- What it was like learning on the job (50:23)
- The biggest lesson their father taught them (56:17)
- What it was like for Brie to lose her high school sweetheart (1:03:02)
- Their childhood regrets (1:08:00)
- What it’s like being in a relationship with inspiring, powerful men (1:15:03)
- Advice to coming of age girls who are feeling overwhelmed by the world (1:24:36)
- The feedback they have for each other (1:34:52)
- Plus much more
About the Author: Lewis HOWES, Bi-Weekly Mentor, is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness, which has over 60 million downloads and 650 episodes since it launched in 2013. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Details Magazine called him one of “5 Internet Gurus That can Make You Rich.” Read More…