Defining Masculinity: Learn how old social stereotypes can hinder the true happiness of a man.
So many men are hurting, and then hurting others.
People don’t want to hear that.
But men feel like they’re emotional prisoners.
They are committing suicide at much higher rates. They are the ones performing mass shootings. They are reacting in violence.
We have to allow men ways to process their past and to express their emotions in order to become the people they are meant to be.
It’s not important to “be a man,” it’s important to be human.
On today’s episode of The School of Greatness, I talk about the definition of masculinity with a man whose mission is to mentor boys: Jason Wilson.
What Jason is doing so needed in the world.
Like Frederick Douglass said, “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
So get ready to learn how to heal past trauma, rule your emotions, and “man down”.
Some Questions I Ask:
- When did you realize your life was full of trauma? (16:00)
- What should a man do if he expresses a hurt side of himself and he gets ridiculed by his partner? (24:00)
- How do you rule your emotions? (39:00)
- What’s your biggest insecurity? (45:00)
- What’s your biggest insecurity about being a father? (49:00)
- What should define us as men? (57:00)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why men need to operate in the fullness of who they are (27:00)
- The first steps to take to process past trauma (30:00)
- How men can be better lovers to their partners (38:00)
- About Jason’s training academy (42:00)
- The best way women can support men in processing trauma (52:00)
- Why it’s important for men to cry (55:00)
- Plus much more
About the Author: Lewis HOWES, Bi-Weekly Mentor, is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness, which has over 60 million downloads and 650 episodes since it launched in 2013. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Details Magazine called him one of “5 Internet Gurus That can Make You Rich.” Read More…