One thing I’ve always struggled with in life is feeling like I was being judged. I was afraid of what people would think of me and I felt I had an image I needed to keep up. I’m sure you can relate.
I discovered that this was caused more by judgment of myself. I was judging everything I did right and everything I did wrong. Anything I did wrong I would beat myself up for.
One thing I’ve been working on is letting go of judgment. I try to observe when it’s there and not have any emotional attachment to it. It’s amazing how much the world can change when judgment isn’t in the picture.
On this episode of The School of Greatness we are joined by Gabrielle Bernstein.
Gabby is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Universe Has Your Back, and has written five additional bestsellers! She was featured on Oprah’s SuperSoul Sunday as a “next-generation thought leader,” and The New York Times named her “a new role model.” She appears regularly as an expert on The Dr. Oz Show and co-hosted the Guinness World Record largest guided meditation with Deepak Chopra.
Gabrielle is a certified Kundalini yoga and meditation teacher. She is also trained in the Emotional Freedom Technique and she’s a student of Transcendental Meditation, as taught by the David Lynch Foundation.
YouTube chose Gabrielle as one of its 16 YouTube Next Video Bloggers. Mashable included her in its list of 11 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Inspiration. Forbes called her one of the 20 Best-Branded Women.
Gabby is here to talk about her newest book, Judgment Detox, all about releasing the beliefs that hold you back from living a better life.
She gives amazing insights on how to control the feeling of judgment and find inner peace and respect for yourself.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why did you write judgment detox? (5:05)
- What was judgment doing to you? (6:23)
- Do you feel like you were more judgmental of yourself or others? (9:54)
- When did you realize you were so judgmental? (10:41)
- What’s worse, judging others or judging yourself? (14:40)
- Do you feel like in order to be less judgmental we have to forgive first? (18:12)
- What happens when you are triggered? (23:51)
- How do you approach someone to end judgment of you? (27:51)
- Do you feel like you and your husband are less judgmental of each other now? (31:04)
- Who is this book not for? (31:40)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What judgment was doing to Gabby (6:23)
- How judgment is like an addiction (8:26)
- The effects of word on judgment (10:20)
- How to stop judging ourselves for judging (11:38)
- What’s possible for us when we stop judging ourselves or others (14:52)
- How to navigate everything happening today without judgment (16:19)
- What happens to our world when we are judging more (26:18)
- The biggest thing that’s opened up for Gabby since the book has been completed (30:18)
- Gabby’s vision for her life this year (32:14)
- Plus much more…
About the Author: Lewis HOWES, Bi-Weekly Mentor, is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 iTunes ranked Apple podcast, The School of Greatness, which has over 60 million downloads and 650 episodes since it launched in 2013. Lewis was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Details Magazine called him one of “5 Internet Gurus That can Make You Rich.” Read More…